Read in: Nederlands
Data driven recruiting will help you to improve your recruitment strategy and achieve business goals. But how to start with recruitment analytics?If you feel like you don’t even know where to begin with recruitment analytics, this article is for you. See this as a super introductory guide for any talent acquisition team that want to start using HR analytics in recruitment to drive business value.
Updated: 7 augustus 2019
You probably know you should ‘start doing something with data’ in your recruitment practices, but how? And what to expect?
Let’s help you getting started with some basic questions we hear on a daily basis.
- Why start with data driven recruiting?
- What do I need to start with data driven recruiting?
- How will it change my recruitment process?
1. Why start with data driven recruiting?
About half of talent acquisition professionals in the field see recruitment analytics as critical to the future of hiring, according to this LinkedIn study. 69% thinks that making data based decisions could improve their efficiency.
Think results like:
- A shorter time to hire
- A better quality of hire
- A higher acceptance rate
These changes will ultimately translate in cost savings, but also a contribution from the recruitment team to achieving business goals. If you’re a cookie factory: to bake the best cookies on the planet. Just to give you an example.
When your recruitment team hires the best bakers in the market - an efficient data driven process - you can definitely say talent acquisition contributes to the business goal ‘bake groundbreaking cookies’.
But let’s not forget your bakers. Efficiency in a labor market context means you are saving your candidates a lot of time and effort in the application and interview process. Which naturally improves their experience with your company - and your employer brand as cookie baking expert.
2. What do I need to get started?
Data, of course. Some examples:
- Traffic data from your career page
- Job and candidate data from your ATS
- Vacancy data from job board ads
But data are not enough. To turn data into actionable insights - so you can effectively improve your recruitment strategy - you also need:
- Clear overall business goals
- A plan on how the talent acquisition team aims to contribute to these
- A data expert
- The right talent metrics
- Authority over hiring & firing (although this might not be something you’ll get overnight)
3. How will it change my recruitment process?
The transition to a data driven hiring strategy will affect the recruitment process from beginning to end. Think:
- Roles and responsibilities within the recruitment team will be impacted.
- You will need new talent and new skills within your talent acquisition team.
- You will set different goals for your department.
- Even your teams’ daily work routines will change.
We realise those are big changes. But don’t let this hold you back! Data driven recruiting helps you to take control over your own recruitment process. To hire the best candidates, as fast as possible to the lowest costs possible. And have the right people aboard to achieve your company goals. To bake the best cookies of the planet.